According to a report by the US-based Pew Research Center, nine out of ten South Koreans own a smartphone, indicating the highest level of smartphone usage in the world. The study revealed that a staggering 95 percent of the population in South Korea has a smartphone, while the remaining 5 percent of the nation uses a mobile phone without access to the Internet. More than 30,133 people in 27 countries took part in the survey conducted last year. It transpired that three out of four adults used smartphones in 18 developed countries. According to the survey, Israel came in second with 88 percent, followed by the Netherlands with 87 percent, and Sweden with 86 percent. Australia, the U.S., Spain, Germany, Britain, France, Italy, Argentina, Japan and Canada followed, with the ownership of smartphones ranging from 81 percent in the U.S. to 66 percent in Canada. Among the advanced…