Verizon drives towards its goal of net zero carbon emissions
Verizon has used the proceeds from its most recent $1 billion green bond to sign a number of renewable energy purchase agreements (REPAs) in an effort to make its operations more ecologically friendly. These REPAs encompass around 910 megawatts of new renewable energy producing capacity throughout seven states in the USA, with wind turbines accounting for around 51% and solar panels for the remaining 49%. By 2025, the operator claims it will have sourced or generated renewable energy equal to 50% of its annual electricity use.
Read more at: https://tinyurl.com/4fzb629n
Broadvoice to officially launch GoContact BPO offering
At the Call & Contact Center Expo US, Broadvoice, a supplier of hosted voice, unified communications (UC) and SIP Trunking services for businesses, will demonstrate its new contact center solution for the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. This new offering is the result of Broadvoice’s July 2021 purchase of GoContact, a global supplier of Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) solutions located in Aveiro, Portugal.
Read more at: https://tinyurl.com/mr2rsp6t
Airtame unveils a new hybrid meetings solution
Airtame, a company devoted to improving shared screen experiences, has released an innovative option that makes hybrid meetings simple and dependable. The Airtame Rooms subscription simplifies video conferencing from the workplace by allowing users to join Microsoft Teams and Zoom conversations using the same gear and interface. The new Airtame Hub gadget, which helps users enter any meeting room and join a call from their personal device using the Airtame App, takes the worry out of hybrid video conferencing.
Read more at: https://tinyurl.com/nfmhffpd
Ericsson finds breaches of its business ethics policies
During an internal inquiry into prior operations of workers and suppliers in Iraq, Ericsson discovered major violations of its corporate ethics regulations, raising the potential of payments to terrorist organizations. Making a monetary contribution without a clear recipient, paying a supplier for work without a specified scope and paperwork, utilizing suppliers to make cash payments, sponsoring inappropriate travel and costs, and improper use of consultants and sales representatives were among the findings.
Read more at: https://tinyurl.com/3dshuczd
Rakuten Symphony expands to Europe
Rakuten Symphony has announced plans to expand its operations in the United Kingdom, France and Germany. This initiative will enable the company to support business operations and growth in the European market, as well as engage with local operators and vendors to assist mobile network transformation and adoption of Open RAN technology. The expansion of Rakuten Symphony into important European areas will increase the company’s local presence and capacity in order to service clients in the region.
Read more at: https://tinyurl.com/y5zzhan2