Telecom News

KT Corporation acquires Epsilon Telecommunications

LinkedIn Google+ Pinterest Tumblr

Singapore based Epsilon Telecommunications, a global connectivity provider simplifying the connectivity for companies, applications and information worldwide as well as in the cloud, has been acquired for $145 million by KT Corporation, South Korea‘s largest telecommunication operator.


Epsilon has 260 points of presence in 41 locations across 20 countries, including the Chinese mainland. Furthermore, the firm has data centers in London, New York and Singapore. The firm offers cloud, ethernet, SD-WAN, colocation and voice services, as well as its own network-as-a-service platform called Infiny.


“The acquisition of Epsilon by KT is a great milestone on our company’s journey and recognition of the hard work of our teams across the globe,” said Michel Robert, Chief Executive Officer at Epsilon Telecommunications. “The acquisition is a logical next step for both businesses and a fantastic opportunity for customers, partners and internal teams.”


KT purchased the company in collaboration with the financial firm Daishin Private Equity. According to reports, KT will own 58% of the company, with Daishin owning the remaining 42%.


It appears to be an astute acquisition for KT Corp. in broadening its global reach outside Asia and merging its telecommunications expertise with Epsilon’s international networking skills. KT stands to gain from Epsilon’s fully managed automation, orchestration and end-to-end service delivery capabilities, as the firm delivers continuous and stable connectivity to key data centers, the cloud and Internet exchanges via its global private backbone network.


Dr. Hyeonmo Ku, CEO at KT Corp., commented; “We are excited to announce the acquisition of Epsilon and welcome the team to the KT family of businesses. Epsilon provides mission-critical networking for global digital transformation and maximising the value of cloud for enterprise customers. It has a tremendous mix of technology, teams and innovation that are directly aligned with KT’s vision for enabling enterprises with digital platforms. Epsilon provides great value with its Infiny platform and global network, which offers customers an agile approach to global networking. Both companies share a vision for global digital transformation and the power that digital platforms have to change industries.”

Write A Comment